Opting into Personal Training

 I have known for a long time that running is about more than just your legs. Optimally, you need to train all of the muscles in your body. Your arms help you move forward. Your core helps your posture. Nutrition is important too. That's another post though.

I have had personal training before. It was definitely helpful but most of the focus was on overall strength and it didn't necessarily help my running. This time, I wanted to be sure that what I was doing was going to help my running. I want to be stronger but I also want to make the muscles that I need most work their best.

Yesterday, I opted back into personal training. In all my previous sessions, it was brief - maybe three months and only once a week. This time I opted into six months and twice a week. I will add that I'm not just working twice a week. It's more like five days a week but I also don't need someone there the whole time. I need to be able to work on my distance and that's not something that he can help with, directly.

So, in I go. Hopefully this will pay off. This makes me accountable. And also sore. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failing at 26.2

Getting faster