Struggling to Change the Food

 I know, from experience, that having enough of the right food is important for running. Honestly, it's pretty important for any physical activity but running is one of those things that if you run out of fuel, you're pretty much done.

I have been working to change up what I eat to try and make it more likely that I won't run out of fuel. Weight has never been my motivating factor here. I generally don't worry about my weight and concentrate more on whether my clothing fits well. Fuel is a different situation though.

I can eat pretty much whatever I want when I'm running long distances because I burn through calories. Add in the weight training and yoga and I am pretty much burning many more calories in a day than I was. The end result there is that I end up hungry a lot. When I end up hungry I eat whatever I can find. It is sometimes not pretty.

Two days ago I ate an entire can of praline pecans (it was a small can, in my defense) in one sitting. I was that hungry. 

Ok, well, I also ate them kind of quick and by the time I realized I was good, I had eaten them all. I felt full for quite awhile after. 

I am working on changing. I know I need to. The hard part is the actual work. I'll let you know how that goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opting into Personal Training

Failing at 26.2

Getting faster